Thursday, March 7, 2013

Art Deco has come to Town


Art Deco Is in Folks. You have to admit that some of the best dresses this year at the Oscars were Art Deco. From Halle Berry,  Catherine Zeta-Jones, to Jessica Chastain Beaded and grand is back.

Don't forget the movies that have an Art Deco theme OZ the Great and Powerful, and The Great Gatsby. The optics in these movies is stunning.

So with that in mind I have been happily beading in the theme of Art Deco
Above is a Swarovski Crystal pendant Necklace. I surrounded the crystal with 3 sizes of beads and added a Spiral chain of two colors of seed beads.
The clasps is a peyote ring and toggle hand made by yours truly.

I also made a similar necklace with a great neon button. The necklaces are somewhat different in that the button is actually the clasp and is front and center.
I also used a peacock variegated green seed bead for the spiral.
I have more to come so stop back later. Better yet why not follow me?
 



No comments:

Post a Comment