Wednesday, August 22, 2012

From Ikea Bedspread to Slip Cover and Headboard Part II

All projects start with tools. Ours started with the sewing machine from Ikea.

It was the right price and after reading different reviews I was sure it could handle the job.
The same goes for the bedspread. We picked the royal purple one in King/queen size for the most fabric. KARIT Bedspread and 2 cushion covers IKEA Quilted bedspread; extra soft. Reversible bedspread. Light on one side, dark on the other for variation.Ikea KARIT Bedspread and 2 cushion covers

I then laid out the  bedspread on the sofabed and carefully planned where to cut it. "Measure twice cut once" I turned it inside out and pinned the back seam to fit snugly over the back of the sofa.

I then mitered the front corners to fit the seating area. Then I cut the excess off the back. I still had the Pillow covers that came with the bedspread and the extra fabric. I was optimistic that I could make the headboard with what I had left. That will be my next posting.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment